Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quick Share and a Look at What's on my Workbench

I recently took in the Tim Burton show at "LACMA" here in LA, it was an awesome show. I think what I got out of it most was not to hold back. I sometimes withhold on some of my wilder ideas thinking they are too out there and no one would relate. So that was a share from the past, from here on I'm committing to being self expressed in all situations and sharing.
    At the show I  saw a glass case which held the various heads used for the "Jack Skellington" puppet from the movie " "Nightmare before Christmas. Each head was about 2" round with a different expression and mouth position . They would replace the whole head during the filming process. I really liked how much expression they got out of this little featureless head with it's vacuous eyes. So I thought I would give it a try and make a my own little expressive skull heads. Here's a look.

     

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These look awesome:) I would think that the teeth would be hard to sculpt.....but you've done an amazing job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to get to show like that and I lovethe skulls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to stop holding back! I am pretty out there myself but tend to do more conservative because of "fear".
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete