Monday, July 25, 2011

Mural Work this Weekend

     Got the opportunity to visit an old mural I did back in '06. The school asked if I could come back and touch it up a bit. I ended up painting the whole thing again, the acrylic had faded somewhat and I felt it needed a  brighter pallet. I had forgotten what an undertaking this was the first time painting on cinder block and the sheer size of it ( 36') I must have been nuts. They have recently added some climbing equipment in front of it so it makes it hard to photograph but here's a look.
    Cool thing is the teachers tell me the kids have all picked out their favorite characters and they have made up games to play on the wall during their outside playtime.




     

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Super fun, great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chris. Great work! They sure are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Cool thing is it's now the background to all the class year end photos too.

    ReplyDelete