Monday, June 13, 2011

Oil under Painting

Technically it's called a" Grisaille" (pronounced griz-eye) an underpainting of gray values in preparation for glazing over with color. This is oil on a hardwood panel about 12" by 16".
© 2011 Chris Davies


  1. Can't wait to see the color. I love this.

  2. Thanks. It's funny but what starts out a simple doodle can really get worked up into a super realized piece when working in oils. I sometimes wish I could be a little more loose in my painting.