Friday, June 24, 2011

Apoxie Clay Sculpture

I had some issues working with the "Sculpey" clay maybe because I was working large I don't know but I had some cracks show up several days after baking that really worried me. So I've picked up some new clay called "Apoxie Clay" from "Aves Studio" and I quite like it . It's a two part clay you mix what you need as you need it and it dries in about 3 hours. It can be soften or smoothed with water. This is my first sculpture with it I hope that it's fairly easy to paint. I added a shot of the armature I used  along with a look at how I bulked it out using newspaper and drywall tape.



7 comments:

  1. Awesome town, currently in a love affair with magic sculp. Love the whole sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it painted. Sounds like the new material is working! I love the little out-stretched arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks "HerArtSheLoves" I will get some "magic sculpt" on my next order and give it a try.
    Thanks Elizabeth , It's like he saying " I once caught a fish, this big!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth, I was just looking at your blog with your little character turn-around and I remembered I need to respond to your inquiry. Yes he will be for sale, I'm in the process of painting him and it's turning out rather nice. I will post a WIP shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little figure is just grand!
    I Love using the Apoxie stuff for my sculpture work but there are times when I love the polymer clay too. If you want a really good sculpting polymer, buy the Pro-Sculpt from Jack Johnston's studio. Best darned sculpting polymer clay I have ever used. No cracking,no moonies, and easy to use right out of the package - no conditioning necessary.

    ReplyDelete