Monday, May 23, 2011

Casting of Temples

I worked through the weekend to have the molds ready for casting these temples today. These were roto-cast using the modified gypsum material I like using. Things are going pretty well, I have a few bubbles and nicks I need to work out. Cool thing is this stuff is real easy to sand right after you take it out of the mold. If you wait too long it's as hard as a rock. I can't wait to paint em! I'm getting tired of all these black and white photos.





























5 comments:

  1. Would you mentor me? I have always wanted to cast my own work but when I look at some of the tutorials and books it seems daunting. I hope this is not an overwhelming request because I would love to learn from you.
    Thank you,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, I don't know if I can mentor you, but I can certainly head you in the right direction. Let me email you directly . Chris

    ReplyDelete