Friday, February 12, 2010

My Routine

I confess I doodle, a lot! in fact if I didn't set my cell phone alarm I would do it all day long till it hurts. I find things get really out of balance when you follow your bliss. This kind of drawing generates a lot of ideas for me though, I call it "no think" drawing. I find the most comfortable chair in the house and quickly get in the zone and I can do about 5 or 6 pages in an hour.
Sometimes I use tissues and pull a design out of my notebook and do a tighter drawing sort of edit drawing.
Most times I just scan the whole page into the computer and I can go in and select out what looks interesting to me. What a piece of work Photoshop is.


6 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the process how you get your designs...
    I LOVE sketching and doodling too.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love seeing the way others go about so I thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeeeepers. your doodles are so *perfect*!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks . It's both a blessing and a curse. I cant sketch for the life of me. I teach this drawing work shop for kids using straight lines and curved lines, I show them how they can draw anything using them. Sort of the alphabet of line. I have this practice I do before I start to doodle of just doing straight lines, curved line over and over with out lifting the pencil (it ends up looking kind of like a "Keith Harring" design) and I find I have much better line control.Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. to get lost in doodling sounds mighty fine to me. I love things that get me very present where nothing else gets my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comments Tammie Lee. Your work is truly sublime.

    ReplyDelete